Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 800g lean beef mince
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 gherkins, diced
- 1 cup Uncle Toby’s Quick Oats
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Pepper, to taste
- Oil for cooking
- toasted hamburger buns to serve
- 150g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 150g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 125g corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup low-fat coleslaw dressing or low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Combine mince with mustard, curry powder, tomato paste and sauces. Add remaining burger ingredients and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into patties. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- To make coleslaw, combine all ingredients into a large bowl. Refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat oven to 180”C. Heat oil in medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the patties for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to baking tray and place into the oven for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve in buns with mustard, tomato sauce & coleslaw.
Recipe adapted from AIS survival of the fittest for active families recipe book