Quick and easy lunch which can be prepared ahead of time.
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 6 cups kale chopped
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2 tbs. sesame seeds
- 2 tbs. sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs. cashews
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 4 tbs. soy sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a saucepan. Add rice and cook for approx. 30min or until soft
- While rice is boiling, get a fry pan and add a light coat of oil onto the heated surface. Add pepitas, sunflower seeds and cashews and toast for 1-2min. Keep stirring so they don’t burn.
- Combine all salad ingredients (including cooked and drained rice) and toss until well combined
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce and garlic. Mix through salad.