- 1 1/2 cups raw buckwheat
- 1 1/2 cupsrolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped raw nuts or seeds (pecans, cashews, and/or walnuts are best, or sub sesame or sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut, avocado, or olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 Tbsp nut or seed butter
- 1/3 cup dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. In a mixing bowl, add the buckwheat, oats, nuts, coconut, chia seeds, coconut sugar, sea salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the oil and maple syrup until melted and combined. Then add the nut butter (optional) and stir again to combine and pour over the dry ingredients and mix well to coat.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet (or more baking sheets if making a larger batch) and bake for 25-30 minutes (or until fragrant and deep golden brown), stirring a bit near the halfway point to ensure even baking.
- Add the dried fruit while the muesli is still warm.
- Once cooled, store muesli in a sealed container that has an air-tight seal. It should keep for a few weeks. Store in the freezer up to 1 month or longer.