- 1 kg broccoli (2 heads) cut into florets
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 80g slated capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 500g cooked chickpeas ( 2 tins, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup parsley
- 2/3 cup mint leaves
- 80g parmesan, shaved
- 5og flaked almonds
- Steam or microwave the broccoli until desired texture is required (I like it still crunchy)
- Pre heat a griddle pan on high heat.
- Toss the broccoli in half of the olive oil an place on the griddle pan, in batches until you have marks on the broccoli. Keep aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining oil into a small saucepan, with the capers, garlic and chilli. Cook on medium heat until the garlic starts to turn slightly golden.
- Remove from the heat immediately and pour directly over the broccoli.
- Add the chickpeas, spinach, lemon zest, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Just prior to serving, squeeze over the lemon juice and top with parsley, mint, parmesan and almonds.