- 1 jar chunky salsa (mild or medium)
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ capsicum, diced
- 1 jar refried beans (found in Mexican section)
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese (optional)
- Carrots, capsicum, cucumber and crackers to serve
- Dice the vegetables and mix together with the refried beans and salsa in a large bowl.
- If you are adding the cheese, then mix through and heat dip in smaller portions in the microwave until cheese is melted through.
- Serve warm (with cheese) or cold (without).
- It might not look pretty, but this dip is high protein and very low fat, this is a great post-training or afternoon tea snack with veggies that is really filling!
- Add to your favourite Mexican dish to increase the vegetable and protein content.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for up to one week.