- 6 medium sized red apples
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Splash of apple juice or water
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 heaped tbsps olive or coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- Cut apples into wedges or dice with skin left on.
- Place apples into large heavy base pot.
- Add apple juice/water, cinnamon, berries and cornflour.
- Cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally until the apples have completely softened.
- For the filling, combine rolled oats, almond meal, cinnamon, maple syrup/honey and oil. Rub ingredients together with your fingers to combine.
- In medium sized baking dish, add apple mixture and spread to evenly cover dish.
- Scatter crumble over the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the crumble is golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve with thick Greek yoghurt.
Image credit of @foodyfirst