- 400 grams Ricotta
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 1/2 punnet strawberries
- 4-6 slices quality wholemeal bread
- 125ml (half a cup) of low fat milk
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp cinnamon, extra for serving
- Spray olive oil
- ½ cup walnuts
- Honey (optional)
- Finely dice one punnet of strawberries. Mix the ricotta, icing sugar and strawberries together and set aside.
- Roughly chop the walnuts and ½ punnet of strawberries and mix with 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium bowl.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan (spray with olive oil spray if required) to medium-high heat. Soak each slice of bread for 20 seconds in the egg mixture. Remove each slice, draining any excess egg mixture.
- Place slices in frying pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Serve the French toast topped with Ricotta and Strawberry mix, sprinkled with walnuts and strawberries on top of that. Add a small amount of honey if desired.