- 500g squid tubes, rinsed, dried, scored, cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 small bunch kale, washed, trimmed, shredded
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Season squid. Heat half the peanut oil in a wok over high heat. Cook the squid, in 2 batches, for 2-3 minutes or until browned and tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining peanut oil in the wok over high heat and stir-fry onion for 1 minute. Add garlic and chilli. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the kale, sugar snap peas and 1/4 cup water. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until kale wilts. Return squid to the wok and add soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Top the stir-fry with extra chilli and serve with rice.