Makes: 24 Biscuits
- 1 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup stevia
- 1 big pinch salt
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 4 large egg whites (will need 5 if small eggs)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon Lemon Macaroons rind
- In a food processor blend the slivered almonds then add coconut, stevia, salt and lemon.
- In separate bowl mix all of the wet ingredients then mix into the almond/coconut mixture.
- Roll into small balls, place on baking tray and flatten down into thick cookies with a folk
- Cook at 170’C for 30-35minutes until golden brown.
- If the mixture gets too dry, add another egg white slowly, until the mixture is just binding but still wet and sticky.
- If mixture is too wet, then add some extra coconut slowly, until the mixture is just binding but still wet and sticky.
- Other Additions: You can add craisens, whole nuts, chocolate chips depending on your energy budget if you wish.
- Can keep in the fridge for up to 3-5 days in an air-tight container.