These muffins are the perfect pre-workout nutrition profile, combining carbohydrates necessary to fuel muscles and caffeine for that boost you may need coming into an arvo session. Each muffin contains 50mg of caffeine
INGREDIENTS (makes 14)
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 tsp. ground coffee + hot water to make 1 cup coffee mixture OR 7 shots of espresso coffee + hot water
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chopped dates
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 190’C
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar in a large bowl.
- Combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, milk and coffee mixture in another bowl or jug.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just combined. Fold in dates.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cases placed in muffin pans (you can fill almost to the top). Bake for 30 minutes or until risen and golden and a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, then store in an air tight container.