- Spray canola or olive oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Manuka honey
- 2 ripe medium pears, grated
- ¾ cup wholemeal flour
- pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Add milk, chia seeds, honey and mix together. Set aside for the chia to absorb some liquid.
- In a small bowl, grate the pears and discard the cores. Add to the liquid with any juices and the tablespoon of oil. Mix together.
- Sift in the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan, or use spray oil as required. Pour ¼ cup of batter into pan for each pancake. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a round shape.
- Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles, 3 minutes, before flipping carefully with a spatula and cook for a further 2 minutes the other side.
- Keep warm under alfoil or in a low oven until all of the batter is cooked.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt, maple syrup and fresh fruit of choice.