Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1kg pork, cut into 2cm chunks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp whole black peppercorns
- Steamed greens and rice to serve.
- Heat a non-stick large pan over high heat and add oil. Add the pineapple chunks and fry until the outside is caramelised in parts, about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Cook pork in batches until well browned, about 3 minutes for each batch, and remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil and fry the garlic and onion for a few minutes.
- Return the pork to the pot and add the soy sauces, vinegar, pineapple juice, bay leaves and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 45 minutes, until the pork is tender when tested with a fork.
- Stir through the pineapple chunks and remove from the heat. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving with steamed greens and rice.