Ingredients: (Serves 8)
- 1kg pumpkin peeled and cut into 4cm cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbs paprika
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 x 440g cans of chickpeas
- 4cm knob of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 L water
- 2L vegetable stock
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced.
- Pepper to taste
- Greek yoghurt for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place garlic whole with skin intact into a roasting tray with pumpkin and potato.
- Scatter thyme and paprika over the pumpkin and potato and drizzle with 1 tbs of olive oil. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- With leek, make an incision with your knife half way through it from top to bottom, slightly open and wash thoroughly and thinly slice. Place leeks into a heavy based pot with 1 tbs of olive oil and fry over a low heat until they are soft and translucent.
- Squeeze garlic into the pot, add the roasted pumpkin, chickpeas, chopped ginger and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil with a lid on. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Puree soup with a blender.
- To serve, top with pepper and Greek yogurt.
Recipe adapted from www.sanatarium.com.au