- 600g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1.5 C capsicums thinly sliced (approx. 2)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4C chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 C (330g) Calasparra (or Arborio) rice
- 3 C reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 C frozen peas
- 1/2 C black olives, pitted
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- In a large pan heat 2 tbsp of oil. Cook chicken for 15 minutes until browned. Once cooked, set chicken aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the pan. Sauté chopped onions and garlic until translucent. (Approx. 5-7 minutes)
- Add capsicum and olives to the pan. Sauté for 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in dry rice. Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Add in stock, tomatoes, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice and cooked chicken. Stir and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes uncovered, or until rice is cooked.
- Once rice is cooked, stir in frozen peas and parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedge and enjoy!