- 400g kangaroo mince
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot or zucchini, peeled and grated
- 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ cup bread crumbs (optional)
- Quality plum or smoked barbecue sauce to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 220’C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine mince, onion, vegetable, eggs, parsley, dried herbs, sauce and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until well combined. If mixture is too wet than add ½ cup bread crumbs and combine. Cut pastry sheets in half.
- Shape one-quarter of the mince mixture into a sausage and place along one long-edge of pastry. Roll up pastry to enclose the mince mixture. Cut roll into 4. Place, seam side down on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining mince mixture and pastry.
- Brush the top of the sausage rolls with milk. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.