- 500g medium hard tofu, sliced into cubes
- 2 tbsp. cornflour
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. sweet chilli sauce
- Splash soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- Bunch shallots, diced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Olive oil for frying
- Dry the tofu and cut into cubes. I wrap the tofu in towels and place a plate on top of it until excess liquid is absorbed by the towels.
- Coat tofu in cornflour
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the sauce together.
- In a pan, heat around 1 1/2 tbsp of oil and then fry the tofu cubes until crisp and golden. You may need to turn the tofu cubes a few times.
- Remove the tofu from the pan and then sauté the leeks and capsicum in a little oil.
- Add the tofu back in, sauce, and then mix well. The sauce will thicken from the cornflour
- Serve with a bowl of rice and enjoy while hot!