- Spray canola or olive oil
- 1 cup dry or 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 cups water for cooking quinoa
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup egg whites (or 2 egg whites)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil or water, drained
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp cornmeal or almond flour
- ½ cup parsley, minced
- ¼ cup basil, minced
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- In a small pot, add quinoa (rinse well first), water and a pinch of salt. Cover, bring to the boil on high, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat when almost all of the water is absorbed. Let stand covered for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and egg whites. Add quinoa, sund-dried tomatoes, feta, cornmeal, herbs, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Preheat a pan and spray with oil if required. Use your hands and a table spoon to create patties with the mixture. Place the patties on the pan and fook for 5-7 minutes each side until golden.
- Repeat until all of the mixture is cooked. Serve hot with vegetables and salad or store in the refrigerator for 3 days.