- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1 brown onion, diced finely
- 2 large carrots, sliced in rounds
- 3 celery stalks, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ C sweet corn kernels
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 C parsley, finely chopped
- 350g chicken breast fillets, diced
- 5L chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 200g egg or vermicelli noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add Onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, celery and carrots and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and corn. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add noodles. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally to break up noodles for 6-8 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in spinach and parsley and allow to wilt in the soup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup warm on its own or with a slice of toast!
Image credit – @thewoodenskillet