- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 200g bacon eye, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup low fat cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Self-Raising flour
- 3 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, beaten
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup of other vegetables, any leftovers, diced
- Coarsely grate unpeeled zucchini in a bowl on top of paper towel to absorb some of the excess moisture. Dice the onion, tomato, bacon and any extra vegetables.
- Mix all dry vegetable ingredients, flour, eggs and oil in a large bowl and mix well. Pour into a greased baking dish
- Bake in moderate oven (180”C) for 35-40 minutes or until golden on top and firm in middle. The skewer should come out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving with a side salad or slicing into portions for lunches or snacks.
Tip: You can make as savoury muffins as well as a slice. This is a great high protein, high vegetable recipe for lunches or to include as a recovery snack.